The Pop Culture Junkie | Get Addicted
Friday, February 02, 2007
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Gabrielle Union isn't dating baseball star Derek Jeter – much to her chagrin.

"I'm linked to a lot of people," the actress, 34, told PEOPLE at a Super Bowl weekend kick-off party at Bongos Cuban Café in Miami on Thursday. "It'd be great to be dating Derek Jeter. As far as fake relationships go, I'm moving up."

The New York Post's Page Six reported last week that Union and the New York Yankees shortstop, 32, were spotted flirting and dirty dancing at a Bahamas nightclub. Her rep told the paper: "They are friends, but they did not hook up."

But even Union's mother was convinced the two were an item. "My mom asked me if he was coming for Easter, I said, 'Mom! I barely know him,' " Union told PEOPLE with a laugh.

"Trust me, if I were dating Derek Jeter, I would hold my own personal press conference to announce it to the world. I'm actually getting a little nervous about when our fake breakup is coming."

Next up, Union, whose four-year marriage to NFL running back Chris Howard ended in 2005, will star in ABC's Football Wives, a U.S. version of a BBC soap.

"I play Chardonnay Lane, which is really funny. I was hoping for Pinot Grigio," she said. "I was at one time a football wife, and there is a certain level of bonding that happens between women who are the wives of football players. We're having a lot of fun."
SOURCE: People.com

Labels: