The Pop Culture Junkie | Get Addicted
Monday, March 05, 2007

April 2007 GQ - UK

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us



Supermodel Naomi Campbell has vowed to never to touch cocaine again after the drug nearly ruined her life five years ago, she started sniffing when she was twenty-four!

“I was at a concert in a European country and I was offered cocaine. It made me feel invincible - like I could conquer the world. I was just completely over-confident. But it’s all just a misconception because when you wake up the next day it’s all gone and you feel awful.”

She also stresses that the drug never affected her modeling career:

“I want to make it clear that I never took it while I worked, I never took it on a flight and I have never taken drugs across a border. I’ve not taken drugs for ages. I’ve put all that behind me.”

I go to an NA meeting every day wherever I am in the world. There is a book that tells you where you can go in every country. My agents know I need to go. I need to do it for me, to remind me of where I am in my life, where I have come from and where I don’t want to be.”




Labels: