Playboy model Anna Nicole Smith died of an accidental drug overdose after she was found unresponsive at a hotel, authorities said Monday.
“We found nothing to indicate any foul play,” said Chief Charlie Tiger of the Seminole police department.
Neither Tiger nor Broward County Medical Examiner Joshua Perper immediately said what drug or drugs were involved in her death. Perper said the detailed autopsy showed no evidence of disease.
Playboy Playmate Anna Nicole Smith died of an accidental overdose of a sleeping medication and at least eight other prescription drugs, and she had recently had a bacterial infection from injecting drugs into her buttocks, authorities said Monday.
Broward County Medical Examiner Joshua Perper said Smith died of “combined drug intoxication” with the sleeping medication chloral hydrate as the major factor.
She had been taking a lengthy list of medications, including methadone for pain and valium, but those drugs were at therapeutic levels, he said. A bacterial infection from injecting medication in her buttocks and the flu contributed to her death, according to the report.
Labels: Anna Nicole Smith