The Pop Culture Junkie | Get Addicted

The 13th Annual Essence Music Festival returned to New Orleans...and so did the many fans! There were people EVERYWHERE! Despite the muggy weather, New Orleans was full of people, including many artists and celebs!!

The highlight for me was Friday's show...Robin Thicke, Chris Brown, and Beyonce!



Robin Thicke put on one helluva show! He gave it his all despite being cut short by about 10 minutes...he was great from top to bottom, with straight energy that oozed from the stage...He was a so great! Love Love Love him! He was hitting all kinds of falsetto notes and jumping and dancing...it was heaven for me! Plus he closed his set with Marvin Gaye's "Sexual Healing!" HOT!








Chris Brown, no doubt did his thing as well! Because I am on the grown and sexy side...we stayed for the first few songs and then headed off to see Mint Condition in the Super Lounge which was packed! They were awesome...And because were were gone we missed Chris Breezy's surprise special guest Bow Wow...Chris was all over the place [dancing that is] with tricks and flips...The little girls were is heaven!



So...as we are in the Super Lounge, I start to notice the crowd thinning...check the time and Beyonce's show started in 15 minutes so we went back to our seats [which were on the floor! Yay!] and got ready for "The Beyonce Experience."



So I am sitting there grinning like a middle schooler! The show began...and for 2 hours straight I was hooked on Beyonce's show! I was thinking maybe her show would be scale down for Essence...Nope! She gave 2 hours of straight performance! I have been a fan of Beyonce for a minute, but I was impressed that her show was so great! Her voice was impeccable from the first to last note. Despite dance breaks, 5 or 6 wardrobe changes, and dropping it in 3 inch heels, she never faltered... She could clearly do this in her sleep. People who had no feelings for Beyonce either way walked out true fans because she really rocked the stage! If you have a chance to catch her tour in the US this summer...it is a MUST! Her band is ridiculous as were her dancers, especially the guys...But you couldn't help but be tuned to her the whole show, she didn't even need them because she commanded the stage...





Starting with a set from her debut album, Dangerously in Love...







She then did a full set of Destiny's Child...I mean every single hit!








Dreamgirls' "Listen" was a big hit...she sung that song with enough conviction to have everyone giving Curtis that evil look...



She closed the show with songs from B'Day...the show was definitely one to remember! That night I definitely met Sasha! And I really did get to meet Toccara as the show let out! Who when I told her she looked skinny...replied by saying "No, I'm thick!" but she really has lost some weight as little as a 10 or even 8...but that bust is still a fool!!


Lil' sis Solange and nephew Daniel supporting Bey...



After the show...Solange celebrated her birthday again at Generations Hall with family and friends...But ooh honey boom that make up is a fugly mess Miss Solange...real talk boo!








One-third of TGT, Tank came through...


Toccara and her tig ol' bitties was there...



Chrisette Michele performed...who'll be back in New Orleans at the end of July with Musiq...catch them on tour in a city near you!! I know I will...


Fun times...in deed!






Kelly Rowland hit the main stage Saturday...I can only image she had 4 songs to sing....but I wasn't there and please don't ask me to explain what is on her head [below]?! Anyone see the show? I am interested in her performance, she definitely needs some redemption after the BET Awards...





See More Pics | Read BV Buzz on Essence | Video of The Beyonce Experience

Labels: , , ,