The Pop Culture Junkie | Get Addicted
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Tasha Smith, Tyra's good friend and actress most recently in Tyler Perry's new movie Why Did I Get Married?, had a sit down with Jawn Murray of BlackVoices and opens up about her past drug addiction, her fear of dogs and being Christian in Hollywood...
On once being an atheist: "I was depressed and high on cocaine and feeling like I wanted to kill myself. I felt like I need to make a change. I remember I challenged God. I said if you're real, then I need you to do this, this and this. I told a friend … when I called myself challenging God, God was really drawing me in. He was saying it was time for this Tasha to come out of this dark place and that's what his grace ended up doing to my life. During this time, I wasn't working, working, but I was doing my comedy. I think that the anger, the rejection and the disappointment of Christianity in people that I saw who seemed to be very religious kind of drove me away. I don't even know looking back if it was something that I really believed. I hoped that there was a God, but I think that my disappointment caused me to say it can't be 'cause if you folks who claim to know Jesus are acting like that, it can't be true."

Labels: