The Pop Culture Junkie | Get Addicted
Wednesday, October 03, 2007


Solange Knowles, aka Beyonce's lil' sister talked to Essence.com about her not-s0-secret divorce, [the real star of the Knowles clan] Baby Daniel, and of course her music which she has an upcoming album titled Solange & The Hadley Street Dreams...

Here is a snippet of the interview where she talks about her marriage/divorce:
ESSENCE.com: As you know there’s a lot of mystery surrounding your relationship with your husband, Daniel Smith, so let’s just go ahead and get that out of the way. Are you still married?

Solange Knowles: Well, I am no longer married, but I think it’s very important not to dish details. We are friends and we coparent our son. When he gets older I don’t want him to read anything about me saying anything about his father or vice versa. When there’s a child involved I think the less information given is best.

ESSENCE.com: So just to clear things up, how did you two meet?

S.K.: We met at a high school party through mutual friends. He was in high school and I was 13 and in middle school. We were together seven years, so it wasn’t just some random guy. We were basically high school sweethearts.

ESSENCE.com: Do you have any regrets about the situation? Did you feel forced or pressured to get married?

S.K.: No, I think every decision has made me who I am today. I’ve embraced everything because I know that only God can give life, no one else. I’m happy that I have a beautiful, wonderful, amazing child who’s made me a better person.
READ THE FULL INTERVIEW @ ESSENCE

Labels: