The Pop Culture Junkie | Get Addicted
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Just as T.I. awaits his next bail hearing to determine if he will be released on house arrest, Complex has released the cover of the November issue to which T.I. is featured.

In one of the more interesting quotes:
Is there a character in American Gangster you would parallel to your days in the trap?
I can’t even compare myself back in that day simply because it was a whole other day and age. When I was doin’ it, it was chaos. Real talk, it was easier then, too. Not taking nothing away from them ’cause they started it, but the police wasn’t hip to everything. By the time I started hustling, the police had cameras, the Internet, and forensics. [Back then] you could kill a nigga at six o’clock in the morning on his doorstep and long as nobody seen you, you good. Now you got cameras on street lights. I feel like if I was a hustler back then, I’d have a way better shot at it. People actually respected the game. Whereas when I was a hustler, a nigga would do anything for a dollar. Period.
The police were clearly on him and his bodyguard did anything for a dollar...F'ed up situation!



See more about his altercation with Luda's Manager and the current state of Hip Hop at Complex Mag

Labels: