The Pop Culture Junkie | Get Addicted
Saturday, November 03, 2007
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

After an employee from Oprah Winfrey's Leadership Academy in South Africa was arrested, Oprah has released the following statement:
"I'd like to thank the South African Police Services for bringing this investigation at my Academy to a timely resolution," she said in a statement. "I am grateful for their compassion and sensitivity to the girls during this difficult time. It means the world to me. It is my deepest hope that the accused is brought to justice and that this serves as a reminder that any time a child has the courage to step forward, it is our duty as adults to listen and take immediate action." [SOURCE]
So far, seven students have accused the 27-year-old and is being held on charges including alleged assault, indecent assault, crimen injuria and soliciting girls under age to perform indecent acts are being investigated against her.

Labels: