The Pop Culture Junkie | Get Addicted
Wednesday, February 06, 2008
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Janet Jackson talks growing up under the strict Jehovah Witness household with Joe and Mother and bringing her to see Prince and The Time...
"When I was 16, I was promoting my first album and I went with Mother to see The Time’s concert with Prince. I did not want to sit next to Mother because I knew they were dirty. I was trying to be cool and calm, but oh my God, I was sweating bullets! How am I going to sit at this show and watch Vanity Six and Prince and The Time and sit next to Mother?” She laughs. “She’s going to think, ‘Good Lord, what is my baby into? She really needs more of God in her life! Where did I go wrong?’ I could just hear Mother blaming herself for everything! Luckily, I got someone else to swap seats with me so I was able to enjoy the show and have the same great time I would’ve had if I were there without Mother."
Read more of Janet on religious and strict living at Parade.com...But I'm just saying, calling your mom "Mother" is just weird and creepy!

Labels: