The Pop Culture Junkie | Get Addicted
Wednesday, March 05, 2008
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

When you first see Rashida Jones you may not realize that she's the daughter of Quincy Jones [and actress Peggy Lipton], or that she's even African American. She recently opened up about not finding acceptance because of that, specifically being turned away from an NPHC sorority at Harvard University...
"I definitely learned my lesson. I'm back to that place were I'm like, 'You know what? I'm black, I'm white, I'm Jewish, I'm Irish, I'm Portuguese, I'm Welsh, what the f**k ever.' To me it's so inconsequential. "People still say things to me like, 'Oh my god, you're black? I would've never guessed that.' And I just think, I can't help your ignorance. There are bi-racial people who look like me or who look like Alicia Keys or who look like Halle Berry. I'm so proud to be so many things." [SOURCE]
That's what I'm saying! I HEART being bi-racial, its a blessing. But I know everyone wants to know which sorority she was trying to pledge. Any guesses?