The Pop Culture Junkie | Get Addicted
Thursday, August 07, 2008


Check out the official double cover edition of Vibe's 15th anniversary issue with Jay Z... Why am I so drawn to the one with the cake? It's a little oogey! Peep a few excerpts of his interview:
Jay-Z on supporting Senator Barack Obama: “What [Obama] represents is, we as a people are part of the American Dream…We were left out of the dream at a certain point. Now the dream is, you can be anything – and it’s not cliché.”

Jay-Z on Lil Wayne: “You should embrace the next generation…I think he’s really a fan of mine. I think he really loves the sh-t that I’ve done…The public has him in line next, and for me to say he’s not in line next would be foolish.”

Jay-Z’s response when asked to confirm his marriage to Beyoncé:
“I just think it’s really a part of your life that you gotta keep to yourself…You have to have something sacred to you and the people around you…I shared so much of my life…I should have something to hold on to.”

Jay-Z on his tenure as President of Def Jam: “Everyone always analyzes the job that I’ve done at Def Jam…I always feel the need to justify it…If anybody in their tenure had Kanye, Rihanna, and Ne-Yo…One album for each one of them in three years is a superb job.”
Continue reading the back cover, plus audio from his recent interview with Angela Yee and YN on Sirius Radio's Shade45 Morning Show, where her addresses Blueprint 3 [official title of his next album], babies and Bey...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Jay-Z talking about his surprise performance with Kanye at last night’s Glow In The Dark Tour

Jay-Z on The Blueprint 3 (Confirms it’s the official title of his next album)

Jay-Z on dealing with producers’ egos

Jay-Z on the rumor that his LiveNation Deal is falling apart

Does Jay-Z want to have babies soon?

Is Jay-Z really married?

Here's the full audio as well...

Links jacks from Nahright.com

Labels: