The Pop Culture Junkie | Get Addicted
Wednesday, August 27, 2008


Barack Obama makes history, being the first African American to win the Democratic Nomination by acclimation today at the DNC.
“With eyes firmly fixed on the future, in the spirit of unity, with the goal of victory, with faith in our party and our country, let’s declare together in one voice, right here, right now, that Barack Obama is our candidate and he will be our president,” Clinton said, setting off a loud celebration Obama’s nomination became official.
I honestly wasn't sure it would happen in my day and age, but now I feel even more confident telling my young son that he truly can do anything he wants to do in life.

This is a time of great significance! I am so looking forward to tomorrow, I know his speech is going to be moving and fabulous.

Labels: