The Pop Culture Junkie | Get Addicted
Tuesday, August 19, 2008


I haven't covered the Olympics at all but Tack and Field is one of my favorite sports to watch and Lolo Jones is a fellow LSU Tiger, so I was so happy to see her competing in the Olympics! Unfortunately, in a shocking 100m hurdles finals, as the projected winner Lolo took a hit no one saw coming... She smoked everyone in the heats and sailed over those hurdles, so I just knew she would take the gold.

I just wanted to cry for her! However, I want to point out that despite hitting the hurdle, she still beat at least one other person and came so close. This has been one of those crazy Olympics with shockers all around.

Lolo has overcome so much, including poverty, please read her story HERE! Still humble, she didn't take her high rank to the head...
"I don't believe there's ever a favorite in the hurdles, just because there's 10 obstacles," Jones said. "If you hit one of those obstacles, you go from first to third just like that."
Sadly, it was 7th, but GEAUX TIGERS!