The Pop Culture Junkie | Get Addicted
Monday, September 08, 2008
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

T Pain riding in on a horse should have been a sign of what the night was to bring! This years VMAs brought out lots of black, silver, and new hair. Some worked, some didn't! But for the most part, there were no huge fashion faux pas. Just a few question marks!



I give the best in show award to new mommy Christina Aguilera, for her great post-baby body, new sleek hair [I'm so over the big curly afro] and the awesomely fabulous eye makeup! Must try one day...

Other big wins on the red carpet for me was Ciara, David Banner, Danity Kane, and Ne-Yo [shocker, I know]!



See more hot and not so hot looks after the jump!


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Danity Kane worked with black/silver palette in a coordinated but not too matchy kind of way. I'm feeling all of the looks especially Dawn and Shannon.




Um, I don't get it Lupe!


Jordin Sparks stuck to her normal girl next door, sweet as pie prom dress look. Works for her! Keri Hilson is a doll, love her to pieces, the look was a bit too trend heavy. The frosted tips, the nails, the shoes, all a bit too much that it takes away from that strikingly hot dress.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I would have like a simpler shoe, some basic wrist candy and less eyemake make up.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Generally I have question marks with No-No, but his style is usually on point. This is a great layered Fall look, love the leather jacket and print shirt.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Chris Brown and Rihanna are a match made in pop heaven. Both have this effortless looking street style. Unfortunately, I have never been a fan of white shoes. they usually look thick and bulky as do these to me. It more a personal thing though... The rocked out color streaks I like, though!



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Glad to see Pink back in the game, love the platinum hair on her, but the dress is hideous! The red and black stripes remind me of some weird goth wedding dress or something. I think the blues plays well with that hair color, greens as well.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Love Melody Thortons suit, not just because we have the same name either! Pants are a bit long but I love the wide leg trouser for Fall.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Does Vanessa age? She has that million dollar beauty regiment I'm sure! But those platinum highlights are the worst. The year 2000 called, they want them back, thanks.