The Pop Culture Junkie | Get Addicted
Wednesday, October 11, 2006


ANTM's most recent model reject, Monique, has been running her mouth non stop since her elimination...

I watched her on the Tyra Banks Show today and she tried to defend her ridiculously annoying behavior by saying it was "for the cameras," however Tyra shut that down quickly by saying that she was tired of Black women being portrayed as the "bitch" on reality TV...I'd have to agree with Tyra on that one. Though I still think the chick is a little nutty and all of that wasn't just TV editing.

Anyhow here are a few excerpts from some of her interviews:

From Reality TV Magazine:

QUESTION: How do you think you were portrayed on the show?

ANSWER: They portrayed me correctly, but that’s not Monique. I wanted to be a character on the show. The people that know me will tell you that I’m not really that character on the show.

QUESTION: Why do you think the girls did not get along with you?

ANSWER: That’s not true. I got along with most of the girls. I made friends with Eugena and Jaeda. There were girls that I definitely did not speak to but I got along with the girls.

QUESTION: In cycle 1 Adrienne got very sick and was hospitalized. In cycle 6 Danielle was very sick and hospitalized and they both did their shoots and won. Why didn’t you stay to do the shoot

ANSWER: I heard about the others. Those girls were only dehydrated. I had upper respiratory problems and I was dehydrated. We were there for hours waiting to be prepped and I only had IV fluids in me with a little water. My body started to hurt. Jay said to me that health is important and if I really feel bad, I should go home. My doctor said all you need to do is get better, lie down and do nothing else. I would have been the first girl to drown if I would have gone through with the shoot. Believe me I have always wanted to be a model.



From IGN:

IGN TV: Did you have a hard time with the nude shot?

Monique: Actually, I didn't. It was ok. Except for the men around. It was scary at first, but once I got up there, I was like, 'forget it, I'm already naked, I'm already up here.'

IGN TV: You didn't seem happy with your makeover. Do you still wish they had done something extreme?

Monique: Yea, I was actually kind of disappointed because I'm watching the show, I see girls get these exaggerated different looks, so for me, I was thinking they were going to cut my hair off, I'm ready. And then they were like 'you're getting the same thing, just change the color' and I'm like 'nooooo! Give me something different, please! That's why I came on here. Give me something crazy.'

IGN TV: What was your favorite part of the experience?

Monique: Just seeing all the different girls and doing all the different things that we did like the challenges and stuff. It was fun.


From TV Cocktail:

Who do you think should have been eliminated?

M: Melrose.

Why do you think Melrose should have been eliminated?

M: First thing: she is short. Second thing: she is really a diva bitch, like in real life.


The FORT interview:

Were you close to anyone in the house?
The closest I got to was Eugena, and Brooke and Jaeda.

What is your impression of Eugena?
I think she’s cool. I think she’s very level-headed, and she has a desire to be a model.

What about Jaeda?
Well, she’s cool, I just don’t know if she really wants to model.

Did Amanda and Michelle stick together as one unit in the house?
They were always together. Even when they didn’t try they did things alike and they didn’t even notice it; and we were like, “Okaaay.” Yeah, it was starting to irritate a lot of us girls because we were like, “We don’t get to have a friend or a sister here to be on our side and have our back.” So it became irritating after a while.



Labels: