The Pop Culture Junkie | Get Addicted
Thursday, January 25, 2007
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

First let me remind you of the outcome of the original squabble in October on the Grey's Anatomy set:

"Grey's Anatomy" actors Isaiah Washington, T.R. Knight and Patrick Dempsey told Oprah Winfrey on Friday that their recent on-set argument has actually brought them closer.

"I think we've all really learned a lot from this experience and we're much tighter because of it," said Patrick Dempsey, who plays handsome Dr. "McDreamy" Shepherd. "What happens, I think, we need just to be open and to be able to communicate and not let things build up and we've come to that point. It's much freer to communicate with each other and we're more relaxed with each other because of it."

Isaiah Washington, who plays Dr. Burke, was at the center of the argument, which some reports said was over lateness to the set.

"I lost my cool but it wasn't coming out of a place of animosity for Patrick or T.R.," said Washington. "It was about trying to stay focused about the work."

Washington said that the actual argument was only a few seconds long and that it never got physical.
_________________

Okay so fast-forward to today, after Isaiah Washington used a the homophobic slur itself to deny using the slur at the golden Globes...I think homie was drunk...but I digress.

Now, ABC is sending him to "rehab" of sorts after he met the Gay Rights Activist group GLAAD.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Isaiah Washington, the embattled star of ABC's "Grey's Anatomy," has begun counseling related to his recent homophobic remarks, the actor's publicist confirms.

“With the support of my family and friends, I have begun counseling," Washington said in a prepared statement. “I regard this as a necessary step toward understanding why I did what I did and making sure it never happens again. I appreciate the fact that I have been given this opportunity and I remain committed to transforming my negative actions into positive results, personally and professionally.”

Life & Style Weekly has reported that Washington entered a residential treatment facility on Jan. 24; however, his statement does not indicate whether his counseling plans were for inpatient or outpatient treatment. It was also not clear if he would miss work on the show.

"Grey's Anatomy" creator Shonda Rhimes issued a statement saying "We applaud and encourage Isaiah's realization that he needs help and his subsequent choice to seek immediate treatment for his behavioral issues. "

Behavioral Issues?? Oh Lawd...that's a bit of a reach don't you think??

Labels: