The Pop Culture Junkie | Get Addicted
Thursday, February 01, 2007
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
In an effort to dispel rumors that he physically assaulted his pregnant girlfriend, Tyrese is addressing the accusations in hopes of clearing his name.

The R&B crooner/actor came under investigation earlier this month when authorities were called to his home on the morning of Januray 4 after he and his then five-month pregnant girlfriend got into a heated argument. Tyrese himself had reportedly left the scene when paramedics arrived. The singer's girlfriend initially claimed that the R&B crooner had hit her twice, once in the arm and once in the thigh, but later denied that statement, reportedly telling a nurse at the hospital where she had been taken for treatment that she had not been assaulted.

Until now, the singer/actor has been tight lipped regarding the incident, choosing only to have his lawyer address the matter, but now he has released a statement in which he is proclaiming his innocence.

"I am a very private person but as untrue information is still circulating, I feel I owe it to my fans and supporters to finally address the rumors and put them to rest once and for all," Tyrese stated. "Please be assured that accusations of an alleged physical altercation between my girlfriend and me are absolutely false. No charges were filed. I am grateful for the prayers and support I have received over the last several weeks from my fans and supporters and I want to thank them."
[source]

Labels: