The Pop Culture Junkie | Get Addicted
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Bernie Mac says he plans to bring down the curtain on his standup comedy act after 30 years.

Mac told David Letterman on CBS' Late Show that he'll retire after he finishes shooting the comedy film The Whole Truth, Nothing but the Truth, So Help Me Mac this fall.

"And I'm going to put it in theaters and it's going to be 30 years for me, and I'm going to call it," the 49-year-old comedian said on Monday night's show.

"I'm going to still do my producing, my films, but I want to enjoy my life a little bit," Mac told Letterman. "I missed a lot of things, you know. I was a street performer for two years. I went into clubs in 1977."

"It's a great way to make a living but it also, it takes a toll, doesn't it? It's tough," Letterman said.
[SOURCE]