The Pop Culture Junkie | Get Addicted
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

With Girlfriends returning this fall for it's eight and final season [October 1st] everyone is wondering if Jill Marie Jones will reprise her role as Toni Childs. So Jawn Murray asked the best person, executive producer Mara Brock Akil that exact question...
"I know that a lot of the audience really missed Toni in the show. I completely understand it and I think I've mentioned it a few times in different articles that it was a disappointment to me as well. But you have to move on. This is part of the business side of things that sometimes affect the creative," Brock explained. "This is just one of the things that's out of my control. I don't have the control to make an actress come back to work." [READ MORE]
She says that Jill is more that welcome to return to the show, but that the show will be successful with or without Toni. Dubbing this season's theme as "Joy and Pain" Brock Akil is looking to end the show at its best. There is sure to be pain because a new character won't be returning! Joan's new husband-to-be, Aaron [played by Richard T. Jones] has a new show, so there is definitely a twist off the bat...will there be a new Aaron or will Joan find herself alone again? I don't know, but if one former lover could come back, it would be Malik Yoba back as Brock!

Labels: , ,