The Pop Culture Junkie | Get Addicted
Monday, October 15, 2007

Scan via UrbanScanz

Ashanti covers the October issue of King Magazine and has a full spread to accompany...Here's a snippet of the interview where she speaks on Irv Gotti:
K- When we talked to Irv Gotti, he said you were doing your own thing and that you felt you’d outgrown The Inc. Is that accurate?

A- Uh, how do I address this? I feel like, creatively, I wanted to try some new stuff, just to see, because there was a lot of stuff going on. Now, I wasn’t on trial, so obviously Irv’s focus and my focus were a little bit different.

K- But just because you weren’t at the trial everyday doesn’t mean you weren’t riding for the team.

A- Exactly, and I was filming, so it was hard. People underestimate the word business. Loving someone and being creative and passionate, that’s all easy. It’s hard when it turns into business.


See the full spread after the jump...








Labels: