The Pop Culture Junkie | Get Addicted
Saturday, October 13, 2007
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

First, T.I. was in a squabble at ATL's popular strip club, Body Tap where he tried to knock some dudes head off with a bottle, but today he was arrested and his home searched on firearm charges...
Rapper T.I., whose real name is Clifford Joseph Harris, Jr., was arrested this afternoon in Atlanta. The ATF executed a search warrant at his home, and according to Atlanta's FOX 5 News, T.I., remains in custody.

The agencies at the scene of the federal search warrant include: The ATF, U.S. Marshalls: Fugitive Task Force, Fulton County SWAT, Fulton County PD, Dekalb County PD, and the ATF/Atlanta PD Violent Crime Impact Team.

The U.S. Attorney's office will neither confirm nor deny anything about the investigation. [SOURCE]
Damn shame, again!

Update...It gets deeper! The ATF says T.I. had his bodyguard try to buy machine guns and silencers [side-eye on the at one]...
According to the Feds, T.I,, whose real name is Clifford Harris, was busted after they learned one of his bodyguards was allegedly trying to purchase machine guns for the musician. Authorities say the bodyguard admitted to purchasing about nine firearms for T.I. in the past and about 17 firearms for other people in the musician's posse on previous occasions. The bodyguard claims the rapper gave him cash to purchase the guns, because T.I., as a convicted felon, was not able to legally buy firearms. The bodyguard was arrested last week trying to buy several guns. After his arrest, the bodyguard agreed to cooperate with authorities-- that cooperation led to today's arrest. [READ MORE]

So clearly T.I. missed the BET Awards tonight...Let the "Free T.I." Campaign begin!

Labels: