The Pop Culture Junkie | Get Addicted
Monday, January 14, 2008
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Solange gave her 2 cents about teen pregnancy from one young mom to another, Jamie Lynn Spears:
"I have been so blessed that my son is the coolest kid ever," Solange tells World Entertainment News Network of son, Daniel Julez J. Smith. ”Of course, that first year of not sleeping and just being dedicated to him had tough parts.

I've heard stories of people who were 14 that had kids and basically snapped into it and got into the groove of motherhood. A lot of people have doubts, but when you have a child I think it takes a really non-emotional person not to have a blast, no matter what age." [SOURCE]
A lot of people are up in arms about her comments, saying that it's ill-advised encouragement to say it's a "blast" and that her son is the "coolest."

Granted, being a teen mother is no walk in the park [being one myself, I know] however there isn't one person that can convince me to get down on myself or not feel blessed to have a child.

I surely can't judge, it's never the best situation, but I understand where she was going with it...

Labels: