This is a complete shocker!
Heath Ledger was found dead Tuesday in a Manhattan apartment, face-down and naked at the foot of his bed with prescription sleeping pills nearby, police said.
There was no obvious indication of suicide, NYPD spokesman Paul Browne said.
Ledger’s publicist, Mara Buxbaum, issued a statement this Tuesday night, saying, “We are all deeply saddened and shocked by this accident. This is an extremely difficult time for his loved ones and we are asking the media to please respect the family’s privacy.”
According to The New York Times, his body was moved to the floor, and after receiving no response from the actor after shaking him, the masseuse and housekeeper called authorities.
“We are investigating the possibility of an overdose,” Browne said. “There were pills within the vicinity of the bed.”
Check for updates @ MSNBC