The Pop Culture Junkie | Get Addicted
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

By his own producer, Polow Da Don…

"I actually leaked it," Polow admitted to MTV. "I told him when I saw him that I had to put my relationship on the line." Polow offered an apology for the leak when Usher called him, but he doesn’t think it was all bad. "Everything has to be set up on their end," he said. "A video should be in place with an artist like that as soon as it drops. Those are the things you risk, but it's working out beautifully. Flex is playing it, DJ Clue, DJ Khaled, Greg Street. Girls love it."

The radio has been playing this new track, “Love in This Club” which features Young Jeezy. Is the risk going to pay off? I don’t know, I am not jumping up and down over this new record and I am not a fan of Jeezy nor the 16 bars that everyone throws on an R&B track to make it marketable. Usher doesn’t need all that, though I firmly believe that his new wife and family status f’ed up his whole marketing. He went from young, hot and single to married with children with in a year, that a huge stumbling block. I hear the project has even been pushed back to 2009…

However Ursh still wants you to buy it when it comes out. "As you know, this has been a very tumultuous year for me, so I have a lot of great stories to tell. But more than that, as far as music and the contribution I wanna make, I wanna make sure it's very wide. You're gonna get a great variety on this album, and I promise to make the wait worthwhile. I been looking around like, 'Man, I better get back on my A game'."

Anyway, check out the track, which the beat sounds slightly like the soundtrack to an 80’s teen movie to me.

Usher ft. Young Jeezy - "Love in This Club"







And to kill it all…he ends with “Crank that.”

Labels: , ,