The Pop Culture Junkie | Get Addicted
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Tyra Banks covers this week's Entertainment Weekly were they highlight her move from model to media mogul. Is it just me, or do you now critique all of Tyra's photos like a judge on ANTM would? Hmmm well, check out some excerpts of the interview after the jump...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



Tyra on Oparh:
”Oprah Winfrey is a mogul. Martha Stewart is a mogul. I’m probably a mogul in the making. I’m almost there.”

Tyra on her childhood in Inglewood:
”I used to want to write commercials as a kid,” ”I used to tell my mom, ‘Mom, they didn’t end the commercial right. They should have ended it on the burger, ’cause they’re trying to sell the burger, and they ended on the lady’s face and I don’t even remember if it’s McDonald’s or Wendy’s anymore.”’

Tyra on her mother’s words of wisdoms:
”Even as a model I used to think ‘brand,””’My mom always told me, ‘Plan for the end at the beginning. You’re gonna have to retire really early like an athlete, and then what are you gonna do after?”’ ”So I always looked at it knowing that there was something after.”


Read more at EW.com

Labels: