The Pop Culture Junkie | Get Addicted
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Shaquille O’Neal flashed that wide smile, and took on the critics who say he’s too old and too slow to fit in with the sleek, speedy Phoenix Suns.

“I look forward to making people eat their words,” he said at a news conference Thursday. “I really do.”

He acknowledged a new motivation after going from a team with the worst record in the NBA to one with the best record in the Western Conference. Widespread criticism of the deal has not gone unnoticed.

“I’m very upset,” he said. “You just don’t really want to get me upset. When I’m upset, I’m known to do certain things — like win championships.” [SOURCE]


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Jailed quarterback Michael Vick can keep all but $3.75 million of the nearly $20 million in bonus money he received from the Atlanta Falcons after a ruling Monday by a federal judge.

The Falcons sought to recover the bonuses after Vick pleaded guilty to federal charges in a dogfighting operation. But U.S. District Judge David Doty of Minneapolis ruled that recovery of most of the bonus money by the Falcons would violate the NFL collective bargaining agreement. [SOURCE]

Labels: ,