The Pop Culture Junkie | Get Addicted
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Beyonce will be heading back to the silver screen and this time, no music. Along with Idris Elba [yum] and Ali Larter, she will take on Obsessed, a thriller.

In "Obsessed," Elba will play an asset manager who has a knockout wife (Knowles) and thriving career until a temp office worker (Larter) begins stalking him.

The film is also being produced by Beyonce and her Paw. Filming is set to begin this summer. Beyonce is about to begin work on Cadillac, which she is also a producer and stars as Etta James. [SOURCE]


Fantasia tells MTV News that she is set to make her debut in the movie adaption of The Color Purple Musical.
“That’s going to happen and I’m going to do it,” the former “Idol” champ said, smiling broadly.

“We haven’t started yet because I’m going to work on my album. I think it’s fair that I committed myself, and promised that after I finish going on a tour, I’ll be ready to come back and commit myself to Miss Celie again,” Fantasia explained. “I miss my music”

So impressed with her command of the role, Oprah & Co. are going to wait for Fantasia to be ready before moving ahead with the movie to musical to movie musical adaptation, the singer beamed.

“They’re going to work with me. They don’t have to [but] that’s a favor,” Fantasia said. “Working with someone like Miss Oprah who’s so talented and amazing - It’s a blessing.” [SOURCE]

Labels: , ,