The Pop Culture Junkie | Get Addicted


Sooo...I finally got my new [and third] copy of The Temptations movie, which was like a cult classic for my crew in college. One of my favorite scenes is when Paul sings "For Once in My Life" at Haze's house after winning the Grammy. It was so emotional, I get caught up everytime I see it. But you have to have the full DVD movie to see it, because the TV airing usually cuts it out. So I started digging on YouTube and look what I found...

The above video is the original performance by Paul Williams of The Temptations on the television special TCB, originally broadcast on December 9, 1968 on NBC. It was said to have stolen the show and as you can see one of the most moving performances. Loved Paul because he could cut up with his move, though Blue is my favorite Temp...

Check the movie clip after the jump...



Labels: