The Pop Culture Junkie | Get Addicted
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Few have made a mark on hairstyle trends, but after Rihanna started chopping her hair into this rocker chic do, ladies have now been requesting “the Rihanna.” She joins the ranks of Meg Ryan and Jennifer Aniston (who can forget “the Rachel?”) in the salon hall of fame… Funny thing is I know I have heard many of my friends say they were thinking of cutting their hair like Rihanna. She's definitely leaving her mark on style these days.

As she discuss her style journey in the new InStyle cover feature, it’s all too flattering…
"The first time I heard people were asking for the Rihanna, it was really flattering and maybe a little strange. It caught me by surprise, but now I feel it's a very cool thing. I don’t feel the pressure to change it up again at all. I like it, as they like it."
Continue reading for more from her InStyle feature, including her evolving style, love life and more…

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This issue is about breaking fashion and design rules. What are some you’d like to crush?
The idea of not wearing brown and black together seems so dated. The other day I wore a black T-shirt, black Nobody jeans, a brown leopard-print belt by Dolce & Gabbana, and brown Giuseppe Zanotti shoes, and it looked awesome. Also the rule about not matching your makeup to your outfit. I do that onstage, matching red lipstick to a bright red jacket or neon-pink eye shadow to a pink jumpsuit. And I also love to mix prints.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

But you weren't always a fashion maven? Growing up in Barbados, you were a tomboy.
"I wore my brother's clothes, dresses with sneakers, or no shoes at all. I would always get into trouble with my mom. She would say things to scare me like, 'You're going to get cut!' But I couldn’t help it. I would climb trees, steal mangoes, catch birds—silly things that were fun to us at the time. My cousin and I were the only girls in the group. We would have to stand up for ourselves because the guys didn't want us around."

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Your mom owns a boutique and your dad works at a garment factory—is a Rihanna fashion line in the cards?
"I am working on that right now. It takes a lot of effort, and I want to be involved with every step of the process."
What do you look for in a man?
"I look for personality, I like humble men, I like guys who make me laugh, someone who makes me happy and genuinely cares for me as a person."
Hmmm...is that how she would describe Chris Breezy? They need to stop and just admit it.

Check out an exclusive behind the scenes look at her covershoot HERE. Pick up you copy on stand now for the full interview!

Labels: