The Pop Culture Junkie | Get Addicted


Beyonce stuns on the cover of the October issue of British Marie Claire Magazine. I see she is working her way back into the spotlight as she prepares to release another album and hit the road on another world tour. Could she stop and have some babies after that? We want little Bey-Zs running around.

Happy B'Day to her, today Beyonce turns 27! I wonder what Jay got her? What do you give the woman that has it all? Didn't he already do the Bentley... *Sigh*

Well, here are are few sound bites from her cover story where she opens up about work, her weight, and being an icon...

On why she uses her alter ego 'Sasha':
"Things I do when I am performing I would never do normally" "I always wish I could feel the way I do on stage when I'm doing a movie because I have out of body experiences…I'm so fearless."

On who her song 'Irresistible' is about:

"The obvious person is not the person at all."



Continue reading for more quotables and shots from her layout!




On being a pop star:
"There is a time limit on being a pop star yes, being a legend, an icon, absolutely not" "I'm over being a popstar, I don't wanna be a hot girl I wanna be iconic" "There are responsibilities that come along with this life…trying to have a romantic meal without someone sneaking in to film the whole thing. I have to work really hard and it's fine because I like it, I love it, but it's a lot of sacrifice."

On being a role model:
"I think I'm opening doors for more black women, just like Halle Berry and Diana Ross opened doors for me."

On Barack Obama:

"I'm really proud, I think we're making a bit of progress, it's an exciting time. We all feel part of our country now."

On being aware of her legacy:
"I look at every day as part of my history. That's how I weed out things I want to do and things I don't want to do."

On her personality:
"I'm really reserved, but if I'm walking into a room and I'm making an appearance, I'm working. I'm ready to be entertaining."

Labels: