The Pop Culture Junkie | Get Addicted
Wednesday, May 23, 2007
Ciara says that dating isn't so easy...

She's young, talented and famous, but Ciara says that doesn't necessarily mean that dating is easy.

"It's definitely tough at times," the "Like a Boy" singer, 21, tells PEOPLE. "I'm now past my year mark of being single, and I've got to say I'm a big fan of love. Being in a relationship is one of the most beautiful things, and I'm looking forward to being in a relationship."

At the same time, Ciara – who dated rapper Bow Wow for a year before they split in April 2006 – says she's in no rush to get back into something serious.

"I'm also at a place where I want to be patient and do it right," she says. "I'm one of those girls that when I date, I date to marry, so I like to take my time and really get to know a person. I do meet people and run across people, but it's all about building a friendship."

Labels: