The Pop Culture Junkie | Get Addicted
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

David Banner
is not one to hold his tongue and in the midst of Rev. Al Sharpton focus on hip-hop, he has choice words for the permed out reverend who is protesting for public divestment from the music industry until rappers stop using the words “b*tch,” “hoe” and “n**ger” in their lyrics....
"The next time you see Al Sharpton, tell him I said f*ck him and he can suck my di*k," Banner told the Web site. "I might change the name of my album from ‘The Greatest Story Never Told’ to ‘F*ck Al Sharpton.’ I hate Al Sharpton. This is the kind of @#!* that I'm talking about. They're killing kids in New Jersey and all across the country and all a @#*$% got to talk about is rap lyrics? @#*$ that about they're our elders and we gotta respect them. I'm tired of this. They're like the parents, but the parents are crucifying the kids.[SOURCE]
In response, Rev. Al's camp from the National Action Netork released the following statement...
“From time to time we do encounter people that have sexual fantasies about Reverend Al Sharpton, but they are always women and Crump’s proposition is a first,” says Foy. “However, in keeping with the National Action Network’s Decency Initiative, I am sure Rev. Sharpton would not call Crump the “N” “B” or “H” word. And, despite Crump’s personal request, I am sure Reverend Sharpton would not call him a f-g--t. He would just pray for him. We at NAN are pro civil rights for everyone, even Levell Crump who has not had a banner year since his debut album in 2003.”

Labels: ,