The Pop Culture Junkie | Get Addicted


This year's MTV Video Music Awards was kinda boring...MTV is just trying to do way too much in 2 hours.

Check out a review of the show and all the videos under the cut...


8:01 - Britney Spears: Oh lawd...stop, I can't even take it. I was so hoping that the girl could pull it off. Hope! It was a hot [shitty] mess. How do you lip sync and still sound bad? Her energy level was a 2 and her dancing was stiff. The weave was a catastrophe. Did you see 50, Diddy, and Jamie Foxx faces! Ha... Damn, I had hope too! Oh well...No wonder they cut in half way through it.

8:06 - Sarah Silverman is funny to me, she says the shit we know we are thinking...I'd just hate to be subject of her monologue!

8:08 - A. Keys looks HOT! Loving the black leather and scarlet lips...gorgeous and sleek.

8:11 - I adore the dress Nicole S. is wearing, that's fly for real!

8:13 - Monster Single of the Year Rihanna's "Umbrella." She looked gorgeous in her glam with a touch of edge look. Congrats to my boy The Dream for writing the Monster Single of the Year...

8:23 - Jennifer Hudson did look stunning as Robin Thicke said, I like the look, ole Andre Leon from Vouge must have been on vacay! Justin wins Quadruple Threat...I'll take it. Ya'll know Beyonce could have won but since she wished she was Latin, she'll get it at the Latin VMAs...

8:33 - Kanye and 50 Cent present Earth-Shattering Collaboration which goes to Beyonce and Shakira for "Beautiful Liar." Me likes the dress, great color, but did accentuate the hips...could be a good thing.

8:36 - Oh Adam, I love Maroon 5, you need their album! I could go without the vest and scarf though.

8:43 - Chris Brown...as Charlie Chapman. Cute. Kids too! Lip syncing again though...I guess that's where the comparisons to Usher and Michael Jackson stop because they don't lip sync...

Rihanna is back! Foot healed and she's not lip syncing that's for sure. The outfit is fly though...I need a hat like that.

An ode to Michael Jackson and in to "Kiss Kiss." Hell I'm tired now...that boy can perform!








8:56 - Yes, I'm a Black girl that watches The Hills, love all three dress, don't like the dark lip on L.C. though. Male Artist of the Year goes to Justin Timberlake. Damn, I guess he feels his video didn't get enough spins on MTV. I need my Real World and The Hills...But I have MTV Jams and MTV Hits if I want to watch videos...

Darling Nikki with the Foo Fighters and Cee-Lo, that's hot! I want to see the whole thing!

Oh goodness that Tila Taquila reality show looks a mess, that I will most likely watch...

9:07 - Female Artist of the Year goes to Fergie, ehh, I guess, I liked her album but I don't know...

9:09 - Kanye and T-Pain, I like that song...That's a new one, performing the song throughout a hotel! That is def the "Good Life"








9:24 - Best Group goes to Fall Out Boy

9:29 - Eww @ the nasty dog licking the foot commercial for Chevy...

9:33 - ALICIA KEYS! Finally! This is my song...Diddy's too! Those boots are fire as well! I am so excited about her album! She was a bit shaky on the vocals but it's always more than that with A. Keys...









9:46 - Jamie Foxx is a nut case, poor Jennifer Garner, she looked lost. Jamie must have ADHD... Anyways the Best New Artist goes to Gym Class Heroes. They are clearly happy!

9:57 - Dr. Dre looks extra grown, the muscles are a little Green Giant...lay off the protein shakes

9:59 - Video of the Year goes to Rihanna for "Umbrella" WONDERFUL...It's over!! Ahhh damn...

Last performance...Nelly Furtado, Timbaland, Keri Hilson and Justin Timberlake...








Th overall sentiment of the show...it was aight...I guess I'm hard to please. There were some good performances but it was hard to pick up after Brit's depressing performance...MTV was trying to keep it fresh with the setup at The Palms...but that's where it ends. Maybe if was there but watching hther people party gets boring...

Stop the Violence in Rock and Roll! LOL...

Labels: ,