The Pop Culture Junkie | Get Addicted
Friday, October 05, 2007
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

After years of vigorously denying the use of steroids, Olympic track star Marion Jones Admitted in court that she indeed lied and pleaded guilty to charges of lying to federal investigators as well as her involvement with a check-fraud scheme. Marion also announced that she will retire.

In a tearful apology she said she fully understands she has disappointed her friends, family and supporters.
“I have let them down. I have let my country down, and I have let myself down,” she said. “It is with a great amount of shame that I stand before you and tell you I have betrayed your trust.

“I recognize that by saying I’m deeply sorry, it might not be enough and sufficient to address the pain and hurt that I’ve caused you. Therefore, I want to ask for your forgiveness for my actions, and I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me.” [SOURCE]
The president of the Olympic Committee has asked that Marion Jones return all 5 medals. She will be sentenced on January 11 and faces up to six months in prison.

So sad to see such a great athlete fall from grace, though she does say that she did not know that she was taking steroids!

Labels: