The Pop Culture Junkie | Get Addicted
Friday, February 29, 2008


Ah lookahere! Harlow Madden is the cutest little doodlebug! She makes her debut with mom and dad in this weeks People Magazine. Here are a few excerpts from the article.

Who was the first to cry?
Nicole: I cried right away.
Joel: Right when she came out, you know that cry that's like an internal cry where you shake a little bit? [To Harlow] You made me cry!

How did you pick the name?
Nicole: We couldn't agree. I wanted a hippie name and he wanted a more Biblical name.
Joel: I really like Jean Harlow the actress, and she likes Shalom Harlow the model. Harlow's cool because it feels like a classic name.
Nicole: And no one has it.
Joel: Winter was so serene and quiet and that's how she is.
Nicole: I always liked the name Kate, but I knew I'd never name my kid that because it was just too plain.

Do you have help at home?

Joel: We don't have a nanny. We have our moms. They've helped us a lot.
Nicole: And we have to give credit to Benji [Joel's twins brother]. He lives six houses down. He babysits, like really babysits.
Joel: There was a day when I'd been at work all day and Nicole hadn't left the house for 48 hours, and I was like, "Let's go to a restaurant down the street," and Benj was with the baby. Then someone said they read somewhere we were out all the time. It's crazy. You leave the house for one hour and eveyone's like, "She's out! She's leaving the baby!"


Labels: