The Pop Culture Junkie | Get Addicted
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Lil' Wayne interviews are the best... they are never the same and he says some of the funniest ish! In this month's XXL Magazine he talks about how "wack" No Limit was [in retrospect...agreed] and how reading is not fundemental to him!
Was there a mutual respect between Cash Money and No Limit?
I think the fact that No Limit was so wack helped us, literally. ‘Cuz they was wack and they was big and they represented New Orleans. So that automatically makes someone else from New Orleans get looked at and we was right up next. They started comparing, which was the best thing that could have happened for us. Once they started comparing they saw that there was no comparison. We have skills we could really rap, we could really do what we doing. [Master P] had a trillion rappers that probably one of them could rap and that was Mystical…and Solider Slim, they didn’t get him ‘til after. So I thank them for being so garbage.

What are you reading right now to help you…
I don’t read a damn thing. That’s why I don’t write music. I’m too cool to be reading and writing…I’m a very intelligent nigga. I can read like a motherfucka. I don’t want motherfuckas to think I’m illiterate.

You’re in college so…

I don’t read, other than that shit.

But we talking about books for leisure.
Nah, I’ve done that like once or twice. It’s just not my thing. I’m not into made-up stories.
Love it, that No Limit quotable is priceless... Funny thing is, Lil Wayne is really a smart dude. He has been making the right moves, musically at least, so you just have to respect his genius.

Read part 2 of his over story at XXLMag.com.

Labels: