The Pop Culture Junkie | Get Addicted
Saturday, July 28, 2007
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

With the realization of rumors that Floetry had broken up and the new Floetry Remix Tour headed out, Marsha posted a blog on Myspace to clarify [somewhat] the deal, or her side of the story at least. Clearly there was and maybe still is tension between the original members and Natalie Stewart has gone a different path, with out Marsha...Personally I am excited about Amanda Diva teaming with Marsha, more than the original...but that's just me! I think that Marsha is incredible as a vocalist and songwriter! Read waht she had to say:


1st of all, Natalie Stewart was never replaced... However, at the end of the Flo'ology tour December 5th 2006 in Birmingham, UK, right after the show, Natalie wished me safe travels and we hadn't spoken since.. well until a few weeks ago... of course there are things that happened between us and will remain on my part between us yet there was evidence of a separation in the group way b4 these rumors came to light...

you see, myspace.com tells you what you need to know about a person, or what you want them to know about you... whilst Nat nor myself were communicating, I took the easy road and I went to check out her page coz a fan hit me with the link like wtf!!! this was early this year... so i see on Nat's personal page "Life After Floetry... Natalie Stewart is... Super Heroine..." and I'm like OK, she got her Code Records poppin, she was doin her... grown woman, had to respect the M.O... so I'm back in Philly, she's in the UK, we're not talking, I see "Life After Floetry..." to me, she left...

so, I'm getting calls from label people, management, etc... they let me know what was being said and done and I'm like damn... what to do now... coz its all personal, but Nat has been like my sister and I'll back her 100... but at some point, I gotta say or/and do somethin... I had to do me, I just want to make music... personal shyt aside... I've put blood sweat and tears into Floetry, when people see me out anywhere, I'm the chick from Floetry, its my aka, my ID... so, I'm continuing a brand that I sure as helped build and I'm creating opportunities for projects that I believe in... I believe in the Floetry brand and I am continuing and chose to do so with Amanda Diva on the "Floetry Remixed Tour"

"Floetry Remixed" came about very suddenly...I met Amanda Diva thru a friend and we creatively clicked instantly... I can't control promoters, i can't control gossip sites, what I can give you is my word.... not one of them sites had a quote from me saying nothing... every promoter of the Floetry Remixed tour knew what it was going in... I'm about the music... I'm about being on the road and giving the music to the people... I respect that everyone is so passionate and concerned about music... makes me wanna be better at what I do... but, as always, I respect other people's moves... I'll let you do you... I'm a friend till the end... but when it gets all crazy, at some point I have to see things for what they really are... if its not working, its not working... i can't please everybody... I can't, i tried that... got me in a whole bunch of shyt... guess if I'd a grown up sooner, things woulda been different but I can't live like that, I just gotta LIVE... and let LIVE...

Natalie Stewart: you are my sister... blood... an important part of me being here doing what I dreamed about for the longest and you know that... I support you 100... you know how we get when its all personal and emotional and so very separate... we are different, and that's OK... you know me... I wish you well... all my luv...

at the end of the day, its all luv and music... if only it was that simple... :)
Read the full blog under the cut!

Labels: , ,