The Pop Culture Junkie | Get Addicted
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Her name is Jourdan Dunn and she's a young 17-year old model originally from London who became the first Black model to walk the runway for Prada in 50-eleben years [Naomi Campbell was the last to walk in the 90s]. She just walked the Fall/Winter 2008-2009 Prada show in Milan. Congratulations to her but a BIG WTF at Prada! The 90s...*SMH*

Jourdan voiced her concerns about the lack of diversity on the runway with Thisislondon.co.uk:
“London’s not a white city so why should our catwalks be so white? I go to castings and see several black and Asian girls, then I get to the show and look around and there’s just me and maybe one other coloured face. They just don’t get picked. I hope it’s because the designer just didn’t think they were good enough as a model but I don’t know.”
Learn more about Jourdan Dunn...