The Pop Culture Junkie | Get Addicted
Friday, July 18, 2008
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My girls always tease me for having an “inner white girl” but what can I say, I’m a biracial girl from Cali born in the 80’s… I grew up loving New Kids on the Block, Joey Lawrence and Save by the Bell! So when it comes to music, I love my pop!

So I thought I’d drop off some of my “songs of moment”… You may love them already and if not you may want to add them to your heavy rotation. Little bit of pop, little country, little rock!

LISTEN: Katy Perry – “I Kissed a Girl”
If you haven’t heard this song, you clearly live in a cave in Alaska because it’s been no. 1 for the past four weeks. I remember hearing it a few months ago on XM, I kind of liked it but then I added it to my playlist and listen to it about 6 times a day. I mean it’s no. 1 so they play it a million times a day, but every time it comes on I turn it up and sing along.


LISTEN: Carrie Underwood – “Last Name”
Okay, so I can’t say I listen to country on the regular, actually I don’t listen to the genre at all, but a good song is a good song and Carrie Underwood has one of the best voices in music today. I love my Dixie Chicks too, though. Anyhoo… her current single is just fun and I love it!


LISTEN: OneRepublic – “Say (All I Need)”
OneRepublic’s album Dreaming Out Loud is one my favorites of ’07. They got a lot of play when they teamed up with Timbaland to revamp “Apologize” but there next 2 singles were just as fab. “Stop and Stare” is also a favorite but this newest single is one my favorites from the album overall. I love Ryan Tedder’s voice…


LISTEN: Pussycat Dolls – “When I Grow Up”
Poor Nicole just couldn’t swing it without her backup dancers, but she still steals the spotlight as the lead singer. Sometime you have to stick with what you know… I actually didn’t really feel the song at first listen when they performed it on the MTV Movie Awards, but when I heard it again on the recorded version it stuck… It’s just a great dance song.

Labels: