The Pop Culture Junkie | Get Addicted
Tuesday, July 08, 2008


Oh my oh my...if you weren't in the Super Dome when Jill Scott performed at the 2008 Essence Music Fest, then I don't know if I can accurately describe the feeling when she return to the stage after her set to perform this song. She began by telling the crowd that the talents that artists have are blessings and that you have move when the spirit leads you, therefore she had to share what she was given... It's called "And I Heard." She's performed it live before in some of her previous shows, so I hope she records this in the studio!

The crowd just stopped and tuned into what she was singing and by the end the whole building was singing along with her! It was absolutely beautiful and I had to share this POP-JUNKIE.com exclusive with you guys.

Labels: ,